As a life and relationship coach, clients often asked questions around Father’s Day about how to talk with their Dads. As women we often lose connection with our dads. So how do we reconnect with our dads? And for those fortunate to have a wonderful connection with their dads, these questions are great for deepening the connection.
Questions such as:
- How do I reconnect with my Dad?
- I’m not sure what to talk about.
- I wish we were closer.
Try asking your Dad these questions for starters.
Then think up some of your own.
- What did he most remember about his Dad?
- What was most important to him when he was your age?
- What did he wish he knew when he was younger?
- What has been his stumbling block, his greatest obstacle?
- What is he most grateful for?
- What is he most proud of?
- What advice would he like to give you?
If you can’t be with your Dad in person, with the advantage of technology you can Skype, FaceTime, Google chat, or more ways I don’t even know about connect with you Dad across the miles and wish him a Happy Father’s Day!
If your Dad is no longer alive, take this day to honor him or forgive him. Ask your siblings and other relatives to tell you stories about him.
This is for you. Often women make their future decisions about relationships with men based on their relationship with their Father, whether it was good or bad.
Reconnecting With Your Dad is Possible
Whether you want to connect more deeply with your Dad, repair past relationship problems or remember him, Happy Father’s Day!
Photo by Stevepb at Pixabay 6.15.15