Try this sampler of 21 quotes on self love. Be your own Valentine. Be your own best friend. What if you treated yourself as well as you would treat a best friend or a lover? Following are some of my favorite quotes on self-love. Self-love is not selfish. No one will love you or treat you any better than you love and treat yourself.
Quotes are like a box of chocolates. Try out this Sampler of quotes on self-love and nourish yourself with the ones that fill you up and make your smile.
21 Quotes on Self Love
1. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. ~ Lucille Ball
2. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life. ~ John Lennon
3. I practice smiling to myself. I do this to be kind to myself, to take good care of myself, to love myself. I know that if I cannot take care of myself, I cannot take care of anyone else. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
4. Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others. ~ Parker Palmer
5. Women with low self-esteem love bad boys. Women who have work to do, love bad boys. Women who love themselves love good men. ~Tracy McMillan
6. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you. ~ Lao Tzu
7. Self-love is really a foundation for everything, and however you practice or express that is so, so important. ~ Solange Knowles
8. When we are compassionate with ourselves, we act in kind and loving ways towards ourselves and others. ~ Amelia Barnes
9. If we give our children sound self-love, they will be able to deal with whatever life puts before them. ~ ~ ~ Bell Hooks
10. Love who you are, embrace who you are. Love yourself. When you love yourself, people can kind of pick up on that: they can see confidence, they can see self-esteem, and naturally, people gravitate towards you. ~ ~ Lilly Singh
11. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. ~ Louise L. Hay
12. A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. ~ Josh Billings
13. The best gift you can give to yourself is self-love, to love and accept all of you. ~ Amelia Barnes
14. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. ~ Buddha
15. The fact that someone loves you doesn’t rescue you from the project of loving yourself. ~ Sahaj Kohli
16. The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney
17. Self-love is radical because self-love is transformational. ~ Amelia Barnes
18. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier. ~ Diane Von Furstenburg
19. The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. ~ C.G. Jung
20. Be kinder to yourself and then let your kindness flood the world. ~ Pema Chodron
21. Be soft.
Do not let the world make you hard.
Do not let the pain make you hate.
Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.
~ Kurt Vonnegut