Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. – Lucille Ball
Be your own Valentine. Be your own best friend. What if you treated yourself as well as you would treat a best friend or a lover? Loving ourselves has its benefits.
Self-love is not selfish or self-indulgent. Self-love is accepting and loving yourself just as you are. Imagine putting a drop of love on all those unloved parts of yourself. When we love ourselves we no longer require others approval. We take pack our power and believe in ourselves.
Remember the old saying, “no one else will love you any better than you love yourself. “ It’s true. Find the nearest mirror or look into your reflection on your cell phone. Look into your eyes. Smile. Say I Love You. You are worth it. No matter how silly this sounds or how much you do not believe it at this moment try it. You are lovable just as you are. If you don’t believe it, who else will?
12 Reasons Why Self-Love is Empowering
- Loving yourself gives you the courage to say no.
- Loving yourself empowers you to ask for what you want and speak your truth.
- Loving yourself gives you the courage to own your power and take authentic action.
- Loving yourself gives you permission to believe in yourself and be your best self.
- Loving yourself increases self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Loving yourself opens your availability to be loved by others.
- Loving yourself allows you to love others more deeply.
- Loving yourself empowers you to use your unique gifts and talents to make a difference in the world.
- When you love yourself, you respect yourself and expect others to do the same.
- When you love yourself, the world is your ally and others are your equal.
- When you love yourself, you empower others to do the same.
- Loving yourself allows you to step out of your comfort zone, to take risks and to see life as one big adventure with you in charge.
Loving yourself allows you to be your best self. Treat yourself as you would a best friend. Just tell all those negative critical voices thanks for sharing. Appreciate those negative voices for keeping you safe and small in the past. This is your time. If not now when? This is your time to thrive, to shine. This is your time to go after what you want.
Are You Ready for a Complementary Coaching Consultation?
See How Coaching Can Benefit You!